Our Community and Cause Defines Us
Welcome to the Y. We’re an inclusive organization of men, women and children joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility.
We know that lasting personal and social change comes about when we all work together. That’s why, at the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Together, we strengthen the foundations of OUR community, each and every day.
Us…is a promise. The Y is now, as it has always been, a place of possibility and promise for all. In times when the true power of ‘us’ is unknown to many, we must do even more to enhance our human connections. This is why we passionately focus on strengthening our community locally and nationally. That’s why, at the Y, strengthening community is our cause.
For Youth Development
Where we nurture the potential of every child and teens.
For Healthy Living
Where we improve our community’s health and well-being.
For Social Responsibility
Where we give back to and support our neighbors.
Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
The mission of the YMCA is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
The YMCA experience improves the quality of life for individuals, families and the community in safe, accessible environments.
Our Strength is in Community
- The Y is a nonprofit like no other. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods across the nation, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver, positive change.
- The Y is community centered. For over 125 years, we’ve been listening and responding to our community.
- The Y brings people together. We connect people of all ages and backgrounds to bridge the gaps in community needs.
- The Y nurtures potential. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
- The Y has local presence and global reach. We mobilize local communities to effect lasting, meaningful change.
Every year over 250 volunteers and staff members actively go into the community during our Annual Campaign to raise the dollars needed to make sure than everyone, regardless of age, gender, race, faith, ability level, income or background has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Financial assistance funded by Annual Campaign donations keeps the Y available for kids and families who need us most and provides programs that are responding to pressing community needs. 100% of all donations go directly toward providing life-changing experiences that will have a meaningful, enduring impact right in our Spokane community. Because our mission is to serve ALL people, financial assistance is made available to any individual or family who wants to participate in a YMCA program or activity but who cannot afford the fee. Donations from our community help our Y live it’s mission every day.