RSVP of Spokane County promotes senior volunteer opportunities to build a stronger community through partnerships that impact community needs.
SENIOR VOLUNTEERS MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) provides opportunities for people 55 and over to make a difference in their community through volunteer service. RSVP volunteers contribute anywhere from a few to over forty hours a week of help to meet critical community needs. Many agencies who use the services of seniors are:
- Day Care Centers
- Law Enforcement and Community Policing
- Health Care Organizations
- Agencies serving low income clientele
- Senior Community Centers
RSVP offers maximum flexibility and choice to its volunteers. We match the personal interests and skills of seniors with opportunities to help solve community problems. RSVP offers supplemental insurance while on duty and on-the-job training from the agency or organization where volunteers are placed.
VOLUNTEER BENEFIT PACKAGE
Benefits from RSVP are not limited to feeling good and helping community members. By volunteering you are also eligible to receive some of the following benefits:
- Supplemental Insurance for accident, personal liability and excess automobile liability insurance while in volunteer status as well as traveling to and from your volunteer station
- RSVP newsletter published four times a year
- Mileage reimbursement for low income volunteers
- Invitation to recognition events
- Developing new friendships