LIVESTRONG at the YMCA
LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA Program Shows Significant Gains for Cancer Survivor Participants. News Release
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a FREE program tailored to fit the specific needs of cancer survivors who would like to improve their quality of life following completion of treatment.* Our certified instructors and personal trainers have undergone specialized training in the elements of cancer, rehabilitative exercise and supportive cancer care. Sessions are offered in a small group environment with exercise protocols customized for each individual.
*We recognize that some types of cancer require long-term, ongoing treatments of various types. If you are interested in the program and not sure if you qualify, please contact us. Entry decisions are made on a case by case basis
The LIVESTRONG Foundation
The LIVESTRONG® foundation fights for the 28 million people around the world living with cancer today. LIVESTRONG connects individuals to the support they need, leverages funding and resources to spur innovation and engages communities and leaders to drive social change. Known for the iconic yellow wristband, LIVESTRONG's mission is to inspire and empower anyone affected by cancer. For more information, visit LIVESTRONG.org.
Who is eligible for the program?
- Survivors must be adults (age 18 and over)
- Survivors should be "post-treatment." They should have completed scheduled surgeries, chemo-therapy, radiation, etc. and while they do not need a formal release from their physician, should be verbally cleared to begin increasing their physical activity.
- Survivors are eligible to enter the program at any point after they?ve finished treatment. Hence, an individual may elect to participate whether they completed treatment 3 weeks ago or 10 years (or longer) ago.
What are the basic participant criteria for participation?
- Strong personal desire and commitment to attend all classes Permission for LIVESTRONG at the YMCA staff to talk to health care team as needed
- Physically be able to participate in at least most activities
- Willingness to fill out the required forms
Please contact email@example.com or 509 777 9622 extension 119 to speak with Nicole Manus, program coordinator, to get on the class list or with any questions you may have about the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program
Frequently Asked Questions
Take a look and see if your question is on the FAQ.
Goals of the Program
Click here to read more about the goals of LIVESTRONG at the YMCA.