Central Y Temporary Closure
Due to Avista maintenance in the area
The Central YMCA will be CLOSED Sunday, Oct 22 from 9am - 2pm*
- Hot Tub and Play Structure Pool will open at 3pm (or 1 hour after the power is back on)
- Warm Water Pool will open at 5pm (or 3 hours after the power is back on)
- Lap Pool will open at 6pm (or 4 hours after the power is back on)
*Central Branch and pool opening schedule is subject to change and is dependent on Avista restoring power.
Our North, South and Valley YMCAs will be open from 9am - 8pm and we invite you to visit any of these locations.
At this time we have no further information but if you have questions please call 777 YMCA(9622)
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Updated Valley Pool Slide Rules
We are updating our Pool Slide guidelines to be in compliance with revised safety standards from the slide manufacturer.
• RIDERS MUST BE AT LEAST 48 INCHES TALL
• ONLY ONE RIDER AT A TIME ON THE SLIDE
• ADULTS MAY NOT ACCOMPANY A CHILD ON THE SLIDE
• Feet first
• No running, standing, kneeling, rotating, tumbling or stopping in the flume. Arms & hands must remain inside flume
• Leave landing area quickly after exiting slide
• No persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs may use the slide
• No food allowed in pool area
• No drinks, except for water, allowed in or near pool
• Glass containers prohibited
• First aid kit and emergency use phone are located in the Lifeguard Office
• Persons failing to follow rules are subject to removal from the premises
Official Name Change
In September of 2016 at a meeting of the YMCA membership, the members voted to approve a legal name change from YMCA of the Inland Northwest to Young Men’s Christian Association of the Inland Northwest to comply with a requirement in the Y-USA national member standards where all YMCA names must include the words “Young Men’s Christian Association.” The name change was accepted by the Washington Secretary of State on October 24, 2016. We will continue to do business under the trade name YMCA of the Inland Northwest for most general business activities to minimize any inconvenience or confusion. Further, we are currently working to update our name with the appropriate governmental agencies and business partners.
Member Notice: Washington State Non-Discrimination Law and the YMCA of the Inland Northwest